Wallonie Design est partenaire financier du projet INTERREG “SME’s full ST®EAM Ahead”. Il s’agit d’un projet d’accompagnement des PMEs dans leur transition vers l’économie circulaire au travers de l’approche multidisciplinaire science, technologie et design.
Les partenaires du projet sont à la recherche d’un Project Manager pour ce projet Interreg 5 Euregio-Meuse-Rhin.
The transformation to a climate-neutral society is a central challenge for Europe. Natural resources are becoming scarce and the switch to a more circular economy is a must. The creation of new materials from sustainable resources can lead to major opportunities in the design and development process of innovative products. The products of the future will not only be sustainable in terms of the raw materials used, but also because the design process itself will take into account in advance the desired added value for the end-users and for society as a whole.
In order to shape this future, interdisciplinary and euregional cooperation is an absolute added value. The interdisciplinary cooperation ensures that the available knowledge and expertise is optimally exchanged and deployed. Within this project, scientific and technological expertise on new sustainable materials is brought together with important developments and insights from the design sector to stimulate new forms of entrepreneurship. Within the Euregio Meuse-Rhine, there is a wealth of existing expertise within these different sectors. There are various knowledge institutions with a different specialization in new sustainable materials or there are several organisations with a wide range of expertise on design thinking. This diversity of expertise can be shared through this project and deployed across the specific regions.
The central objective of this project is therefore to coach and guide SMEs in this transition to a more circular economy through co-creation of 40 prototypes of innovative circular materials. In addition, SMEs learn to discover the added value of an interdisciplinary collaboration across the Euregion boundaries and across the boundaries of different business sectors.
- You manage a major project (4 mio € +) within a set time frame and budget.
- You chair and lead the project consortium in an effective and appreciative way.
- You are responsible for the financial and technical reporting of the project.
- You are responsible for the internal and external communication of the project.
- You translate the project results in concrete flows and actions in view of an effective realization of the project goals and the expected outputs.
- You stimulate interdisciplinary collaboration between project partners and the different sectors (design, technology, education) in view of the project goals.
- You know and follow relevant trends and developments in circular economy.
- You create and manage a network of relevant stakeholders.
- You connect to the general policy of research and expertise of UC Leuven-Limburg and are open for strong synergy between the research activities and the educational activities of the institution.
- You report to Job De Meyere, manager of the Center of Expertise Art of Teaching
- You have obtained a Masters’ degree in economics, humane or industrial sciences.
- Your relevant project management and people management experience amounts to at least five years. It will be considered as a powerful advantage if you have experience with financial and administrative management.
- You are able to manage a major project (4 mio € +) within a set time frame and budget.
- You can write a comprehensive text on the core of the ST®EAM project and are able to convert them into concrete plans.
- You know how to develop project progress reports, both content-wise and financially.
- You have an affinity and/or an interest in creative economy, circular economy and/or product development.
- You are a top communicator and networker.
- You are independent, autonomous, result-driven, punctual, decisive, a teamplayer but also a leader. Furthermore, you are capable of constantly improving your personal skills.
- You have good ICT-skills and can work confidently with software applications with regard to project management as well as Office applications.
- Experience with INTERREG-programme(s) and possibly ERDF, ESF or other European funding programmes is a must.
- Excellent speaking and writing ability in Dutch and English. Speaking ability of the Euregional languages French and German are considered a definite strong point.
- You will join a stimulating and dynamic work environment with a lot of room for creativity and innovative ideas, supported by co-workers from no less than eight partner organizations as well as numerous associate
- You will be able to generate a considerable amount of impact and will be given due responsibility.
- You will contribute to the economic development to the Euregion Meuse-Rhine.
Nature of the job and remuneration in a rapidly growing organization
- Full-time assignment in contractual status.
- Pay in own salary scale 587/35.
- Contract starts as soon as possible until 31/8/2020. The contract can be renewed after a positive evaluation towards the end of the lifetime of the project (31/12/2022).
- Recruitment may take into account up to 10 years of useful professional experience.
- Full reimbursement of commuting by public transport and/or bicycle.
- Your working place is the central project office, which is situated in the region of Limburg (Flanders). Regular trips to other parts of the Euregion Meuse-Rhine are required.
Applications can only be submitted via cv warehouse and this at the latest up to 17/02/2020. Your CV needs to mention the contact details of at least two reference persons, whom we may ask information about your profile and realizations. The selection goes through the following steps: letter selection based on CV and motivation letter, followed by an interview with the selection committee and a written and oral exam.
You have our assurance that your application will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
If you happen to have any questions, please contact Job De Meyere, Manager of Center of Expertise Art of Teaching (firstname.lastname@example.org, +32 472 91 20 74)